From Audio Technica, ATH-M40X Over-ear headphone is very suitable for daily usage, studio mixing, gaming, DJ’ing etc.
This stylishly designed headphone deliver clear and loud sound as it comes integrated with 40 mm neodymium drivers. I am using this headphone more than one year with my Behringer Xenyx Q802USB Audio Mixer.
An affordable price range make it more attractive to small studio professionals.
Audio Technica ATH M40X features in Short:
- Cutting-edge engineering and robust construction
- 40 mm drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils
- Tuned flat for incredibly accurate sound monitoring across the entire frequency range
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
- 90° swiveling earcups for easy, one-ear monitoring
If we go into the details, ATH-M40X has a collapsible stellar design, which make it portable and easy to carry around wherever you go.
Its headband is made of pro-grade materials. Therefore it is durable and strong. Audio Technica ATH M40X has air cushioned ear cups that deliver a comfortable listening experience.
However the prolonged usage may hurt the ear sometimes.
ATH-M40X comes with two 3M detachable cables, one is straight and other is coiled.
3.5mm jack is suitable for multimedia devices and 6.5 mm jack is suitable for studio mixers.
Audio Technica ATH M40X requires maximum power input of 1600mW at 1 kHz. So possible tuned for sound monitoring across a wide frequency range.
The overhead design contours around your ears enhances sound quality by isolating the external noise and avoiding any sound leakage. Ear cups can flip over 90 degrees that increase its flexibility while using the headphones.